My friend JLB gave me some antelope. I attempted jerky. It turned out okay but I think I can improve it next time. The flavor is not bad and the texture is good but something seems to be missing.
I wanted to take some of my persimmons and turn them into cookies. I thought I could try using bulgar flour to make them instead of trying to do a soaked cookie. The results were not horrible but not really a cookie, more of a muffin flavor. I promoted them here as Breakfast Cookies and they went over pretty good. Speaking of muffins, I tried using the same flour to make muffins and instead ended up with crumbs. The chickens enjoyed them. I’ll have to figure out where I went wrong and try them again.